Monday, March 28, 2011

Taking care of MOM


Taking care of MOM


Being a homeschool mom can take a toll on you. Let’s be honest here… we are not just teacher but mom, house keeper, chafer, cook,…. And the list can go on and on and on.

I find that some days I am just burned out! I am tired, stressed at the thought of just thinking about school. I have come to realize that I have to take care of me…MOM. If I don’t than the whole house suffers.

How do I take care of ME? Let’s face it, I am a busy wife, mother, and a home daycare provider.

The most important thing is my Devotional time with the Lord. If I don’t start my day in prayer than, My day will not be very productive.

I take time out for myself during the day. Usually I “kick” all the children outside for about an hour. I can keep an eye on them while I am sitting in my chair relaxing. I may read a book, cut out a pattern, or just sit and listen to a quiet house. Mom’s just need some quiet time if you know what I mean.

Some times I just fill the need to get out of the house. I leave the girls with my husband and I may just run to the post office or the store. You don’t know how just a few minutes out can help you fill refreshed.

I have come up with a list to help take care of ME:

Prayer and devotional time
Spend time during the day for me…. Sitting and relaxing
A day out once a month without the children… hubby is invited to tag along.
Pamper myself a little… buy me something nice, maybe a bubble bath…

I have come to the conclusion that if I do simple and little things to make sure that I am taken care of than the rest of the family will be more happy and productive….

Like that old saying goes: If mamma isn’t happy than nobodies happy!
Mom’s are important so let’s not overlook ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger