Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quick and Easy lunch Idea..

Recently, I was given the book Don't Panic: Quick, Easy, and Delicious meal for your Family to review.  There are many great recipes, marinades, and tips in it.    

During the hot summer months, I like quick to make meals.  I try to eliminate  any oven required things... but that is almost impossible!  So the less time I have to have my oven on.... the better!    One Recipe stood out to me while I was skimming the pages of Don't Panic...  

Farmer's Cheese Flatbread

I thought ... wow a great easy recipe to experiment with the family!

It calls for:
pita bread
Farmer's or Monterey Jack cheese
Oregano
salt
pepper

It was very easy and very, very quick to make...
It was the fastest lunch I have ever made!  
I'm not kidding!

The only thing I added was a little ground meat to the top of one for 
my husband.. .the must have meat eater.
Before the oven.. the meat version 


After it boiled for 5 min. in the oven

Plated with marinara sauce for dipping!

My girls loved them!  My husband said they were like mini pizzas with out the sauce... 

There are more recipes I can't wait to try from Don't Panic.  

If your looking for new recipes for your family... check out

(Below is the Recipe .  I was given permission by Baker Publishing Group to share this with you... enjoy)


Farmer's Cheese Flatbread
from pg. 23 of Don't Panic: Quick, Easy, and Delicious Meals for your family

 2 rounds pita bread, unsplit
1 cup farmer's or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Preheat broiler.  Place both pitas on foil- lined pan.  Sprinkle each pita with cheese, then oregano, salt, and pepper, dividing quantities evenly between each pita.  Place under broiler in oven. Broil for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cheese is bubbly.  Cut into wedges and serve immediately.  Wonderful served alone or with warm marinara sauce!

*tip from me- I tried it as the recipe states the first time... then I mixed the oregano, salt, and pepper together the second batched and liked it better... it was just much easier *

“Available April 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”


4 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! That looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up at Thrifty Thursday.

    (And YAY for recipes that don't heat the whole house up!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so wonderful! Yum! Thank you so much for linking up with me! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really yummy and definitely easy! I'll have to try that...our kids love dipping stuff so I'm sure they would love that too! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Ashley's link up and following via GFC now too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger