Thursday, November 20, 2014

Corn Bread ~ S

I love Corn bread!  I have tried and like almond flour corn bread recipes, but
my family does not care for it.
I have been playing with a “corn” bread recipe.
This recipe uses no almond flour!
It’s a win for this family.

100_6266

“CORN” Bread

1/4 cup Golden Flax seed meal
( blend in blender for a finer meal, if you have texture issues with flax seed…)
1/2 cup oat fiber
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon of sweet blend
( I like a sweet corn bread)
2 eggs
1/2 cup almond milk
2 Tablespoon melted butter
dash salt
1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix all wet ingredients, add dry… mix well. 
You may have to add a little more milk if your mix is not wet enough.  Use your own judgment.
Pour into a buttered, or sprayed  square 8x8 pan.
Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 mins are until done.
Add some butter on top while still hot.

This is a great complement to my BEEF STEW.

Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. Oh my word these are wonderful! I made muffins from the recipe. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Shelby! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm on a mission to find a cornbread recipe I can use in cornbread dressing. I've tried several and really like this one. The texture is great and flavor is almost what I'm looking for. I'm wondering if you would have some input as to what you think swapping the coconut flour for almond flour would do to this recipe. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated since we're approaching Thanksgiving very quickly.. Thanks so much! ~ Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri, I you can add a little almond flour in place of coconut.. it will make i heavier.. I am going to make some dressing with this recipe for Thanksgiving.. I should do a trial run today or tomorrow. Last year I used an almond flour mix for my dressing and I did not like it as much.. I hope this helps. I will let you know what I come up with :)

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping I'll get a notification through Gmail when you reply to this. I've not commented anywhere that looks like this before. Thanks! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi, Shelby! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm on a mission to find a cornbread recipe I can use in cornbread dressing. I've tried several and really like this one. The texture is great and flavor is almost what I'm looking for. I'm wondering if you would have some input as to what you think swapping the coconut flour for almond flour would do to this recipe. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated since we're approaching Thanksgiving very quickly.. Thanks so much! ~ Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not have oat fiber and haven't been able to find any at my local stores. Is there a substitute? I REALLY want to eat the dressing on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger