Monday, December 13, 2010

Thrifty Monday

Trying to save money? With Christmas and New Year's around the Cornor, we are all trying to save money. This is what brings me to my new Thrifty Monday post.

I have been on a search to find ways to be thrifty and save some money. I have heard that if you cook from scratch that you can save money. I can't see a whole lot of savings at one time, but it is there. Hey, every penny counts right!

My family loves Mexican food. They love Salsa. I make homemade salsa that is cheep, cheep, cheep! Here is my money saving recipe.
1 can crushed tomatoes (24or 28 oz can)
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1 yellow or red onion
jalapenos ( one to two or how many you want) Watch out it could get very hot.
1 lime

In a food processor, chop all veggies together. Open the can of tomatoes and stir together. Add salt and garlic powder to taste. Squeeze the juice of one lime into salsa. Stir well and enjoy.

I keep the salsa in the fridge. Best part of all, it is cheap, cheap, cheap. (around $2.00 for all of it!)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger