Thursday, December 9, 2010

Radical, what does this mean?

I have began reading the book Radical by David Platt. Now this is not a book review so don't worry. I read the title and thought, What does this word really mean?
The dictionary says:
1. arising from, going to the root or source; basic
2. departing from the usual or customary; extreme
Getting back to the basics of Christianity, is that what he will be getting at in his book. Mind you that I have only read a few pages, but what a thought, departing from the culture of today's churches and getting back to what Jesus told us in the Word. The basics! I see that, yes, today's culture is different than what it once was. But the Word of God is the same, it does not change. So why should we? Basic Christianity, where we help each other, uplift each other, work in our community to bring people into the family of God. That is what it is all about! I hope and pray that maybe some of this is what he is talking about. We will see, I will post something later after I have finished reading it.... so until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger