Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tomorrow's Garden

I recieved a copy of the book by Baker Publishing as a part of their bloggers book tour. 


Harriet Kirk is certain that becoming the new schoolteacher in Ladreville, Texas, is just what she needs--a chance to put the past behind her and give her younger siblings a brighter tomorrow. What she didn't count on was the presence of handsome former Texas Ranger Lawrence Wood--or the way he affects her fragile heart. But can Harriet and Lawrence ever truly conquer the past in order to find happiness?



Book 3 in the Texas Dreams series, Tomorrow's Garden is a powerful story of overcoming the odds and grabbing hold of happiness.
(taken from Baker publishing website)

Click Here!  for more info... on this book.

I have read the First two books in the Texas Dreams series. I was excited when I was able to read Tomorrow's Garden.  I liked the story line.. A young lady in charge of raising her brothers and sisters.  The struggles she faces with just the day to day choices she has to make for her family.  She has given up so much of her own life just to be able to keep her family together. 

While reading this book, I oftened wondered about all the people that have had to put their family first.  What a great Sacrifice!  What was funny to me is that Harriet is so busy keeping her family out of trouble and taken up with trying to raise them up right... that she has no idea that a man has taken interest in her. 

I always try to take something away from a book that I read fiction or non fiction.  ( and I may not say it every time I write a review)  Even though this is a work of fiction, the author Amanda  Cabot, brought this to my mind.  That  even though we may be going on in the life just doing what we feel we need to do, God is always looking out for us, bringing into our lives the people we need just when we need them.   He is always taking care of us.

I enjoyed reading this book, and look forward to reading more from Amanda Cabot.
Take time and read a book!
until next time,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger