Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Graduate

 

It only seemed like yesterday I was preparing her for Kindergarten.  She was excited, I was nervous!  I knew and trusted her teachers… we all went to the same church… she was at the church!  That first year of her education was great for her,but, I always knew we would eventually homeschool

KODAK Digital Still Camera

I will treasure all the moments, good and bad, I had with my daughter.  All those times, when I wanted to pull my hair out due to frustration.  All those times we rejoiced together when she got that tuff math problem finally right.    Homeschooling is one thing our family has never regretted.  Yes, there have been lean financial times, when we had to make sacrifices for school work… but it was all worth it.

 

DSCN2479-1

I find myself wondering… Did I do everything right?  Did I prepare her enough for the world?  Then I pray!  I pray that she would remember what I taught her.  I think that is one of the fears some of us as homeschoolers face.  Did we do everything we could to prepare our children for the world?

For me, myself, and I…. I see the young woman she has become.  I see her gentle spirit.  I see her desire to help the elderly when they need it.  I see her desire to serve the Lord in where ever He has for her.  All that tells me, if I didn’t do one thing right… I did that right!  She knows her LORD… and she has a desire to serve HIM in any area that HE needs her in!   To me that is all that matters first and for most!   Yes, she needs her education… she needs the skills to go out and get a job, etc.… and she does! 

But for me that Scripture rings true…. and it has been my theme verse all these years as I have been on been on this adventure called homeschooling…..

Deut. 6: 5-9

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

I have taught her to Love the Lord, listen to His voice, and to know HIM!  I have written it upon the door posts of her life!  And now she can go out and do what God has called her to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger