Saturday, May 21, 2011

Remembering Dad

With Father's day just a few weeks away, I thought it would be fun to travel back in time.  My Father is still living.  I have a best dad  and grandpa in the world.  As a child, he took special time out of his hectic work schedule to spend time with us girls.  I remember wrestling on the floor with him, (and of course He letting us win!) Dad taught me life lessons that I will never forget. He taught us the value of money and saving money. (Something that many children need today.)  He taught me the value of honoring God in giving of tithes... Dad would say that if I did not pay my tithes that I was robbing God and God would not bless me.  How true it is!  Dad taught me to respect myself... and in looking for a man to marry... LOOK for someone that is in those alters praying! 

He could not have given me any more great advice.  My husband is truly a man of God.  I have heard it said that girls look for boy that mirror her father when she is looking at marriage.  Well, I did not get my dad, but I did marry a man who held those same principles that my dad taught me. 

I see my husband teaching my girls those same valuable lessons that my dad taught me. 

Thank you Dad for being my father and for teaching me those valuable lessons.  Thank you honey for teaching our girls those lessons that will carry them thru out their lives.

Here is a pictue of my dad and mom with my girls.



Revell has a new book out called Project Dad...
Project Dad is a humorous and practical guide book written by a dad to other dads. Todd Cartmell’s warm and engaging style will have fathers laughing from the first few pages, and gives doable hands-on advice for becoming a better dad. This book will make an excellent Father’s Day gift!

I have a copy of this book that I want to give away.  Please post a comment and I will be picking a winner at the end of the week.

Don't forget to honor your Dad this Father's day!


1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed to have such wonderful men in your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger