Monday, November 10, 2014

Rainy Weather Equals Soup

The weather has turned cold (well cold for South Texas) and its been raining.

I mean its rained for a few days straight making this gal cold and in need of warm food.

I remember as a child when it got cold my mother would always make a huge pot of

veggie soup.  It would last us days… yes days!

She would add every kind of veggie she had.  She never had meat in it.. just a little salt pork for flavoring.

As kiddos, we would just eat it up with crackers.. it was warm comfort food!

 

I decided to change this old childhood favorite a little..

making it…

Chicken veggie Soup

 

100_6221

There’s not really any measurements for this recipe.  You just add what you have!

Oh, and before I forget…..  I MADE THIS IN MY CROCKPOT!

 

This is what I  did:

I placed a whole cut up chicken in the crockpot.

Added water to fill it up..

Cut up some onion, celery, and a few carrots (2)… added them in.

Salt and pepper

 

Turned on high and let it cook…

( I left the house, went to work.. came home 6 hours later)

An hour before I served it up, I :

cut and washed a fourth head of cabbage, sliced, and added to the chicken.

Added a bag of frozen green beans…

tasted to see if it needed more salt or pepper… added a little more..

Then added a small amount of Dreamfield pasta..

( my mamma  always added noodles to hers)

 

30 minutes later it was ready to eat!

 

100_6224

 

Yummy, comforting S meal!

 

Enjoy,

Shelby

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger