Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Are you Determined?

You might be wondering why  I have a posted this title.  Well, an old song has been playing in my head for the last couple of days and it has made me do some thinking.   So today’s post is just some of my thoughts that I hope will encourage and challenge you in the areas of your life that you might need to be come determined in.

 

_____________________________________________________________

I am determined to hold out till the end…

Jesus is with me on Him I can depend…..

_____________________________________________________________

 

In life if we don’t have a determination to do something's, then we will never accomplish anything!  

 

Presentation1

 

The following are a few things I am DETERMINED to do:

 

FOLLOW CHRIST ~  When I came to know Jesus as my personal Savoir at the age of 10, I determined that I was going to serve Him no matter what.  My life was going to be a reflection of Jesus.  It has not always been easy, but I don’t know what I would have done in those times that I needed His guidance,  His direction, or His grace and mercy.   

 

HOMESCHOOL MY GIRLS~  My husband and I made the decision to homeschool our girls six years ago!  At that time I did not know what I was doing but we were determined to do it.  Yes, it takes sacrifice, money and a whole lot of determination on my part.   To be completely honest,  there were some days in the beginning that I wondered if I could do it.  I did it, I survived my first year and all the years after!  When you make up your mind and become determined… YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO!

 

The last thing I have been DETERMINED TO DO:

 

TAKE BACK MY HEALTH!

That is where Trim Healthy Mama came into the picture.  19 months ago, I began the journey to take back my health.  A friend introduced me to Trim Healthy Mama by a post on Facebook.  She did not know it at the time but I was sinking in depression, leg cramps, aches and pains… and I knew if I did not do something to change my lifestyle I would end up a diabetic like my parents and many in our family. I am at goal weight!  I have lost to date 88 pounds.. yes even while trying to maintain and eating what we call Crossovers… .I have still lost a few pounds.

 

10646840_10202572760709544_8646961909527257645_n

 

You see when I started my journey on THM, I determined that I was going to do it.  I determined that no matter what came my way this was going to be a lifestyle change for myself and my family.  In the beginning, it was not easy to resist the temptation of those chips at the Mexican café… or the Mt. Dew at the store.    Do you know what helped me?   I kept reminding myself of how I felt before I began THM, and how I feel now.  That was all it took for me to move those chips out of reach, or head for the water at the store.   It takes determination to stay on plan.  It takes determination to not cheat.   IT IS SO WORTH IT! 

 

I have been able to stay on plan and not cheat… yes in the beginning it was hard.. but after a few months.. this way of eating became my norm.  I have no desire for candy bars (while my husband still likes to grab a Snickers bar once in awhile at the store.) no desire for pizza, no desire for off plan processed foods… why  because my body feels so much better these days that those early temptations don’t  tempt me anymore.

 collage_photocat3

 

If you are on Trim Healthy Mama  and need some ideas on how to Succeed check out my blog post Easy Ways to Succeed as a Trim Healthy Mama.

 

It won’t be easy.  You will get discouraged when the scale doesn’t move.   You will get tempted.  You may even fall off plan once in a while… but If you Determine in your heart, mind and self.. to do it.. you can and will!

Don’t lose your determination!  The reward is so worth it!

 

Until next time,

Shelby  

 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shelby,
    Thank you so much for writing this. I started almost two years ago, had some success, fell off after the deaths of 2 loved ones 2 weeks apart, got on again and off again many times since. I gained back all the weight. I'm on day two of beginning again. I choose to be determined, too. I have well over a hundred pounds to lose. I had lunch today with a friend who weighs just 102! What a different life that would be! What a different life 200 would be! I'm determined with the help of Jesus Christ to do this. I must. The benefits start just a couple of weeks in with lowered pain levels. I know it. Now it's time to do it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger