Monday, October 6, 2014

Deep S Brownies

I love brownies!

 

Brownies make me happy, happy, happy!

 

No longer do I have to keep the brownies away during my Fuel Cycle!

 

Enter:

 

Deep S Brownies

These came from a deep down craving for brownies during my last Fuel Cycle.

 

pic 1

 

Deep S Brownies

 

1 cup Shredded Zucchini

A handful  of fresh spinach (to get those leafy greens in Winking smile )

2 scoops of why protein powder

2 TB cocoa powder

dash of salt

1/4 cup of Sweet Blend (homemade or THM blend)

1 teaspoon baking powder

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 tablespoon coconut oil

 

In a blender (or your magic bullet) blend eggs, spinach,  and zucchini until smooth.  Mix dry ingredients into bowl.

Add wet to dry, mix well.

Pour into an 8x8 square pan and bake in a pre heated oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until center

comes out clean.

 

This recipe makes 9 brownies.

 

 Brownie Bit Version: 

10694919_10202639318054402_605334392_n

 Using a Wilton Square pan or a mini muffin pan:  spoon a tablespoon of mixture into the pan.. cook as directed above.

It makes 22 - 1 tablespoon-size brownie bites.

*Special thanks to Stephanie Copeland  for testing this recipe and providing the brownie bit picture.

 

 

Enjoy!

 

Special thanks to my photographer who just so happens to be my daughter..  She really was into taking pictures of these brownies. Winking smile

 

100_6138                                                                               100_6128

 

Ok, I won’t bore you any more with all of them…

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Here is my honest input on the brownies as they came out in my home: *They were green...I may have used too much spinach. *They were more chocolate zucchini muffin in texture than brownie, but...I may have used too much spinach. *My batch made only 20 mini muffins. I ate 8 of them...I may have used too LITTLE spinach, LOL!! These were seriously go--oo--ood. I am not on deep S so felt free to use 2 LC light, 1/2 Tbsp sweet blend, 6 drops of vanilla extract, 1 tsp MCT oil, 3 squeezed drops NOW liquid stevia dark chocolate and a heaping tsp peanut flour to mix a frosting for those 8 mini-muffins.

    THESE WERE SO GOOD!!! I snarfed them down one after another and wanted more. But I'm sipping my tea and tummy is feeling more full. I figured I could have 1/2 the batch (like a shake with a side of greens and coupla eggs).

    In the time it took me to type the above, I am QUITE full. I think accompanied by the Tummy Tucking Ice Cream or a thicker, sweeter version of choco pudding, you have an ABSOLUTE FAN FAVORITE!!!

    We don't do halloween around here, but the colors (green muffin/orange frosting) would be a winner at a harvest party.

    Thank you for sharing Shelby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me how many brownie bits make a full serving and also do they need to be refrigerated? These will be a great snack when I’m on the go. I plan on making these the night before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger