Saturday, January 18, 2014

Leftover Chicken and Rice

 

I have a confession.

My family doesn’t do leftovers often!

I usually just prepare enough for one setting, but every once and a while we do.

Yesterday, I made my Chicken Chimichangas . I had extra chicken and rice also from a previous meal.

I love Chicken and Rice with gravy, but I wanted something creamy and yummy.

So I came up with this:

Leftover Chicken and Rice

100_5406

 

This is what you’ll need:

precooked leftover Chicken breast

precooked leftover brown rice

For the Sauce:

2 cups water

1/2 to 1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon  granules

1 Tablespoon  Nutritional Yeast

1/4 teaspoon gluccie

1 teaspoon dried onion flakes

salt and pepper to taste.

2 light Laughing Cow cheese wedges

 

In a sauce pan add water, LC cheese, Nutritional yeast, chicken bouillon, onion.  Whisk together until the cheese is melted. Taste and see if you need any salt and pepper or more chicken bouillon.   Add chicken. Stir.  Add in the gluccie, whisk well.  Add your rice to the pan.  Stir and heat until rice is warm. 

You may need to add water if the mixture is  to thick.

Serve with leftover veggies or a side salad.

This is a easy, quick E meal.

100_5404

It took me all but 10 minutes to whip this together!

Enjoy!

Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger