We love Tex- Mex food at our house.
Chimichangas were something I made regularly in the past. I missed them, so I decided to make them THM approved.
It didn’t take much to do so!
To begin with you will need:
4 to 5 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 small can of green chilies
1 can of Rotel
A package of Low Carb tortillas… like these
(these are the right size for the Chimichangas)
Cheese of your choice for cheese sauce
1. Boil Chicken until it is very tender and cooked.
2. Take your chicken and either shred it with two forks or do like I do and
chop it with the food processor into small (but not mush) sizes.
3. Place it back into your pot (after you have removed all the water!)
4. Add the cans of green chilies and rotel (drain some of the liquid out of the rotel)
5. Add salt and pepper to taste, cook for a few minutes just so the ingredients are hot.
6. Take a spoonful of chicken mixture, place inside tortilla and roll.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
To make the Cheese Sauce:
Take your cheese of choice and melt with almond milk. I added enough of almond milk to make it a runny, smooth sauce.
These Chimichangas are full pull by themselves. With the added cheese sauce, it makes it an S.
My family loved them. I was asked to make them again next week.
I think I may be able to comply.
Until next time,