Summer may not official be here, but it has sure felt like it
these last few days.
During the summer months, my husband (who works outside)
does not care for a big huge meal.
He would rather something cool and light.
A few years ago, I was introduced to
Seven Layer Bean Dip Recipe
Mine looks nothing like this one!
I have to leave some stuff out since
my husband does not like tomatoes, and
one of my dd does not like lettuce..
so mine looks more like this:
Still and all it makes for a great light lunch...
my girls love what they think is "junk food" for lunch!
It really is so simple.
This has become one of those hot summer
day meals for my family.
(Especially when I don't want to turn on my oven or stove)
Seven Layer bean dip
- can (16 oz) refried beans
- package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 8 oz of sour cream
- cup Thick 'n Chunky salsa (any variety)
- cups shredded lettuce
- cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained (1/2 cup)
- medium tomato, diced (3/4 cup)
- Tortilla chips, if desired
In medium bowl, mix refried beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread mixture on large platter. Spread sour cream on top of beans. Top with a layer of salsa, lettuce, cheese , olives and tomatoes.