Monday, February 13, 2012

Why Do You Homeschool?

Why do You Homeschool?

This question has been asked to me whenever a new acquaintance  finds out we
homeschool.  I always have to pause and think : 
Why do I homeschool?

I am sure that my days could be better spent with all those chores that never seem to get done.   
 But no, I have chosen to give my girls the best education  I can.    I homeschool because I felt called to do so. 

One day, I was reading my daily devotions.  I came across this scripture.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

It seemed the moment I read it... I knew that I would be a homeschooling mother.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger