Wednesday, April 13, 2011

When Sparrows Fall by Meg Moseley

My disclaimer:  I recieved an advance copy of this book to read and review.  I do not get any money for what I write. 

Purchase your book here!

About This Book:


Freedom. Safety. Love. Miranda vows to reclaim them--for herself, and for her children.
A widow and mother of six, Miranda Hanford leads a quiet, private life. When the pastor of her close-knit church announces his plans to move the entire congregation to another state, Miranda jumps at the opportunity to dissolve ties with Mason Chandler and his controlling method of ruling his flock. But then Mason threatens to unearth secrets from her past, and Miranda feels trapped, terrified she’ll be unable to protect her children.

College professor Jack Hanford is more than surprised when he gets a call from his estranged sister-in-law’s oldest son, Timothy, informing him that Miranda has taken a serious fall and he has been named legal guardian of her children while she recovers. Quickly charmed by Miranda’s children, Jack brings some much-needed life into the sheltered household. But his constant challenging of the family’s conservative lifestyle makes the recovering mother uneasy and defensive—despite Jack’s unnerving appeal.

As Jack tries to make sense of the mysterious Miranda and the secrets she holds so tightly, Mason’s pressure on her increases. With her emotions stirring and freedom calling, can Miranda find a way to unshackle her family without losing everything ? 
(taken from Multnomah Books website)

Now for my thoughts:click here to read an expcert of the book!


I received an advanced copy of this book a few weeks ago. I was very interested in the story line. A woman with six children, trying to escape from a man who is not her husband but a control freak none the less.

Miranda is a homeschool mother. Since I also homeschool me children, I wondered how the author Meg Moseley would portray their homeschool day. Meg Moseley did an admiral job of showing a life of a homeschool family. She did mention some of the more radical homeschoolers that did not "know" about the outside world, but because of the story line I found it appropriate and not degrading to the homeschool families.

There was only a few things that I wish would be changed in the book; one is that she used the other word for donkey... I find it a cruse word.... and yes I know the Bible uses it but still. I wished that it was not in there. The other thing is at the end of the story, Jack gives Miranda something but I never read where he gave it to her at... BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT MY COPY IS AN UNCORRECTED COPY.... so they may have made these corrections and I not know about it.

Over all it was a good book, with a great story line!



Grab a book and take time to read!
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger