Monday, March 14, 2011

Bathsheba... The wives of King David

This complimentary book was given to me to read and review.

Can love triumph over treachery?


Bathsheba is a woman who longs for love. With her husband away fighting the king's wars, she battles encroaching loneliness--which makes it all too easy to succumb to the advances of King David. Will one night of unbridled passion destroy everything she holds dear? Can she find forgiveness at the feet of the Almighty? Or has her sin separated her from God forever?


With a historian's sharp eye for detail and a novelist's creative spirit, Jill Eileen Smith brings to life the passionate and emotional story of David's most famous--and infamous--wife. You will never read the story of David and Bathsheba the same way again.
(from the back of the book)

What can I say about this book? It was an amazing book. I have read book 2 in the Wives of David series, so I was hoping this book would not disappoint me. Well, It didn't! Jill Smith keep this book closely to the Bible as I expected it to be. Of course, she used her creative side to give us a more in depth view on the love between David and Bathsheba.

I had always wondered as many probably have, what may have happened that the Bible did not record. This book let me imagine what life was like for Bathsheba.


Jill Smith is an amazing author that keep me captivated thru out the whole book. This is a book that I will keep stocked away to read again!
Next time your at the book store... take a look at this book! You will enjoy it.


Happy Reading everyone!


until next time,

Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger