Monday, June 10, 2013

Help, I have a High Schooler


That was my statement two years ago.

When my oldest began high school, I had 
no idea what I was in for.

Thoughts went  through my head like:

Now this is getting serious, after all 
I need to make sure she is ready for the "real" world.

I really need to get organized better. 

How am I going to do this?

I have no idea what I am doing!

I was a little stressed out just thinking about 
successfully homeschooling a high schooler.

But that was two years ago!

Now, I look back and say wow... 
this is not that bad... I can do this!

What made the difference... 

Research

I did some looking and searching.  I made sure I knew (again) what my state required for High Schoolers.   I made sure I knew how many credits the state required students to have to graduate. 

Then we made a four year plan!

I sat down with my soon to be highschooler and we made a plan.  I asked her what she wanted to study.  I made sure I knew her interests (again).  Then we wrote it all down.  

Now I was ready to plan for our first year of High School.

It has not been a bad as I thought it would be in the beginning.  I even think that the high school years are easier in some ways.


There are a few things I think are important to a successful High School.

Research and know your state requirements for 
graduation.

Make a four year plan.

Find or make a transcript. (there are many good examples on HSLDA website.)

Stay organized!

Relax and enjoy these final years of schooling your child. 


Happy Homeschooling!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger