Monday, June 4, 2012

Great summer Reads....

Summer time is here.... 
if your spending your time around the pool, in the back yard
or in the cool house...
these books  are a great way
to fill your Summer days.




 Always There By Susan Wallace

Always There is a collection of  what I would call reflections  for moms.  You will find  contributions from Amy Parham, Ann Voskamp, Renee Swope, Kim Hill, and more.  
In it you will find stories on each and every thing that we as moms face.
Its a great morning devotional book.





The Ride of her life by Lorna Seilstad

This is a very funny book! I just loved it.
Lilly is a widow, with a son.  She has found a job working as a cook at Lake Manawa.  She finds herself at war with her in laws(who have money btw).  They don't think that her new life is suitable for her son.  Her son is interested in the new roller coaster that is being built on the lake.  He befriends the designer.... Lilly is about to have the ride or her life!
This is a fun story filled with laughter. 



A love Forbidden by Kathleen Morgan

This story is an adventurous one.  Shiloh Wainwright accepts a job teaching at the White River Indian Agency... boy she was 
not prepared for what happened!
She finds her self taken captive with the other ladies  when the Ute Indians  attack...

This story is more that just a fiction.  Morgan writes about forgiveness... Something that the characters in this book need to learn... Great book!
A must read!

You can find all these great books at your local Christian Book store.

Happy Reading everyone!

Shelby

5 comments:

  1. I'm currently starting David Copperfield this summer. The size of it is a little daunting, but I love Dickens and can't wait to get into it. Found you from the Social.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read David Copperfield... I just may have to get it.. I like Dickens also.. thanks for stopping by Jelli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found you at the blog hop. I'm your newest follower. Loved reading a bit about these books. The image for the one about the roller coaster drew me in and it sounds cute. Stop in and see me at Quirky Vistas.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you at the the blog hop. I'm now following your lovely blog. The books look like great reads I'll have to look them up. Thanks for sharing them.
    Come stop by to A Rosie Sweet Home @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Hope you have a great day.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger