Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What is Christianity all about? a book review of Radical by David PLatt

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream   -     
        By: David Platt
    
I received this book from Multnomah Bloger for Books. They send you a book, you read it and then you write a review. I thought why not read it and see what Platt has to say.


I could read the first few pages and then I had to go find a pen so I could under line some of his statements, you know just so I could go back to them. I agree with what He says that we have to choose what we as Americans consider to be a common Christian that only goes to church and then life as normal or we choose to do what Jesus did. Reach the world, your community for Christ.

Platt challenges us to not just be a Christian that does nothing, but to be a Radical Christian that will do what Jesus did to reach the lost. Most of us as Christians don't want to get out of our comfort zones. Platt challenges us to do just that.

I liked the book, it made me take a look at my life and see what I could do different to reach others for Christ.

Pick the book up and take the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger