Tuesday, October 20, 2009

teacher or mom

I just wanted to sare this devotional that I recieved the other day.

Teacher or Mom
Saturday / October 10, 2009

As much as I enjoyed homeschooling my children, there were days when I longed to be only a mother. Moms have the fun job of displaying tenderness by kissing away hurts and telling their children they are wonderful, but God had an additional task for me. He also wanted me to be my children's school teacher. I had to take out the red pen and correct their papers to challenge them to study harder. Finding loving ways to critique their work and push them was not always easy. My children were forced to respect and relate to me both as mother and teacher.

I feared this dual role would create an emotional distance between my children and me. As the homeschooling years went on, I realized those fears were unfounded. The relationship I had with my children as mother gave me opportunities to minister to their personal issues and concerns. The relationship I had as their teacher provided moments for counseling college and career choices, editing job resumes, and more. I became the resource my children went to first when they needed help, and we grew even closer.

God's multiple roles in our Christian walk amaze me, too. He is our loving Abba Father, Savior, best friend, and Holy God. He commands our fear, devotion, love, and respect — all the while teaching us to grow closer to Him. He is the first person we should run to for our needs. He is both a gentle Shepherd and a jealous God who loves us with passionate, unconditional love. Praise Him today for being your heavenly Father and all you need!

Heavenly Father, thank You for the many ways You bless me each day! I worship You as my Holy God, adore You as my Father, thank You for being my Savior, and treasure You as my friend. Help me to enjoy Your love today and walk in the blessings You provide. In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger