Friday, October 26, 2012

A Cookbook for the frugal minded mom

A few weeks ago, I received a cookbook to review by 
Revell  publishers.

It is called 
A farmer's Daughter: Recipes from a Mennonite Kitchen.


I love new recipes! But what I love even better is 
recipes that are frugal!

These are!

All these recipes provide you with a wholesome meal that cost you little  to make. 

You will find over 200 mouthwatering recipes
all made from fresh ingredients.

The last chapter is a gold mine for the frugal minded mom.
In it you will find recipes to "simply do it yourself".
Here are a few of the recipe titles in this chapter:

Cooked vanilla pudding mix

Laundry soap 

window cleaner

Taco seasoning mix

and my favorite:  Homemade Chocolate Syrup!

If your children are like mine, they love chocolate milk.. and go through the store bought stuff really fast... 
now you can make your own syrup for a fraction of the cost...
and best of all... it tastes great!


I have a few I am still dying to try like the:

Spinach, Meatball, and Tortellini Soup
and 
The Fresh corn and Chicken Chowder

I can't wait... 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger