Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lesson Learned ...



This summer I have found myself teaching Sunday School again.  I enjoy teaching.   We have been studying  the end of the Kings of the Old Testament.

In times past I have thought,... oh, boy.... not the Old Testament again.

But...

This year, I have a new knowledge about the Old Testament... thanks to 
Teaching Biblical History in our homeschooling.

As I have looked back on the life of the Jewish People, I have wondered...

WHY DID YOU NOT LEARN YOUR LESSON?

WHY HAVE YOU FALLEN AGAIN INTO THE TRAP OF 
IDOLATRY?

Then I read our lesson from Haggai.

You see they had lost sight of what mattered to them.  They lost their zeal for  God, and choose the "easy" route.

That is the same with us. It can be easy for us to look sight of what really matters.  

Our priorities can become misplaced.

We can become so busy with all our house hold duties, our homeschooling duties, our wifely duties, that
we forget to take time for what really matters...

our Spiritual Life.


I want to encourage you my readers, moms of homeschoolers, friends and family...

Don't forget the thing that matters most...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger