Thursday, October 20, 2011

Book Review: A Necessary Deciption


When young widow Lydia Gale helps a French prisoner obtain parole, she never dreams she will see him again. But just as the London Season gets under way, the man presents himself in her parlor. While she should be focused on getting her headstrong younger sister prepared for her entrée into Society, Lady Gale finds herself preoccupied with the mysterious Frenchman. Is he a spy or a suitor? Can she trust him? Or is she putting herself and her family in danger?
Discover a world of elegance and intrigue, balls and masquerades as Laurie Alice Eakes whisks you into the drawing rooms of London Society on this exciting quest to let the past stay in the past--and let love guide the future.


What can I say about this book?    I loved it!  NO surprise there.  As you know, I am somewhat of a book worm.  I love just about any story.... but this one, what can I say... Lydia Gale saves a French prisoner, then he saves her life........ what more can happen?  Lydia is threatened! Christien tries to find out who it is...

Laurie Alice Eakes knows how to keep a reader on their toes!  I just could not put the book down.... I wanted to know who was the "Bad guy".   I was shocked when I found out!  (Don't even ask me!  You know I can't give the end away!)    I will say the chemistry between Lydia and Christien are something....

This is the first book in The Daughters of Bainbridge house.   Lydia has two other sisters, Cassandra and Honore.   I wonder who the next novel will be about.... I can't wait to find out!


“Available October 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Scripture of the Month

1 Thessalonians 5:24
Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He is faithful to do all He has promised in his Word. I'm so glad that he is faithful to meet our needs and to give us our wants. There is no one Greater than OUR LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST!
Powered By Blogger